If you live in an area that lacks in humidity, that could be noticeable in both your physical well-being and structure of your household.
For instance, wooden furniture can start to split and warp, while wooden support beams can also damage and cause problems with the structural integrity of your house.
On the other hand, you will notice physical side effects as well, such as watery and irritated eyes, itchy, and dry skin as well as raw throat that will affect your overall lifestyle.
Since the winter is approaching as well as cold temperatures, it is vital to increase and balance the humidity levels of your household. The main reason for that is that you will start using heating systems so that you can increase the temperature of your living area.
Since we have to heat our homes during the wintertime that may lead to dryer air in general, so a humidifier will increase the moisture and maintain it in balanced levels. That way, you can deal with issues that may happen due to excessive dryness.
Importance of Humidity in General
You should have in mind that humidity includes the percentage of water particles that air you breathe features daily. We are talking about air from the outside and the one located in your household as well.
The main reason why humidity is vital is for the durability of your household structure as well as your health so that you can improve allergies and respiratory issues caused by dry air.
When it comes to health benefits, you will get relief when it comes to:
- Allergy symptoms such as itchy eyes and congestion
- Dry skin and other issues with your skin
- Throat issues such as scratchiness and rawness
- Dry eyes that will cause burning sensations and headaches due to lack of humidity
At the same time, lack of moisture can affect your household, which is why humidifier will help you maintain:
- Wooden beams that are support of your house, because lack of moisture can cause dryness that may lead to cracks and warping.
- Low levels of flammable materials within your household.
- Rugs will stay in perfect freshness much longer than without a humidifier.
What Is Warm Mist Humidifier?
When it comes to warm mist humidifiers, you should have in mind that their main goal is to establish warm moisture from the heated water in general. Since it functions by using warm water, it can fight frustrating mold and bacteria that may start to grow in parts of it.
Have in mind that that is the main reason why warm mist humidifier is one of the healthiest options that you can find on the market. At the same time, it collects leftovers and minerals from heated water so you will not have issues with white dust.
They do not require replacing filters too often similarly as others, which makes them more convenient in general.
- Quiet operation when compared with other types because it doesn’t have fan included
- It can warm up a room during the cold winter days
- You can find various sizes that are portable so that you can bring it anywhere you like
- Have in mind that warm mist humidifiers use more energy or electricity since they use heat to warm up the water before letting it go into the air.
- It is not appropriate for households that feature children and pets because the water tends to reach boiling temperature and a slight push can cause a burning accident.
What Is Cool Mist Humidifier?
Cool mist humidifiers use cold water to disperse into the air to increase the overall humidity of your household. The idea is that water should be at room temperature to increase its efficiency.
You can choose ultrasonic and evaporative cool mist humidifiers, and both of them will provide you the same results but with a different process. Have in mind that evaporative humidifiers tend to increase the moisture levels by using wick filter and fan.
You have to place the water in a reservoir, and when you turn it on, it will flow to the wick filter, which will transform into a cold mist in matter of seconds.
- You will be able to use it in homes with children since they cannot cause hazards like warm mist counterparts.
- They do not use the same level of electricity as warm mist humidifiers.
- You can purchase it in various sizes
- They are less expensive because they lack the heating element
- They are more prone to grow bacteria and mold, which means that you have to clean it regularly.
- It may cause white dust due to large mineral content of water that you use.
What Is Ultrasonic Humidifier?
You should understand that an ultrasonic humidifier uses a high-frequency vibrating diaphragm that comes from metal or ceramic to produce fine mist into the air.
This particular diaphragm is on the reservoir’s surface, and it uses high frequency to create droplets that will enter the air afterward.
You should have in mind that it could be both warm and cool mist depending on the model that you decide to choose. You should find the one that features variable settings so that you can control humidity levels for both winter and summer days.
That way, you will be able to get pre-programmed settings for allergy, cold, dry skin, nose, and other issues you have.
At the same time, they are the quietest humidifiers that you can find on the market, and feature humidistat that will monitor the levels so that you can check it whenever you want.
- Quietest operation when compared with other types of humidifiers
- It features humidistat that will tell you the current levels of moisture
- You can find both compact and large pieces based on your preferences and the size of your household
- It is the most expensive choice that you can make
We have presented you with a comprehensive guide on three types of humidifiers that you can find on the market. Have in mind that the choice you make should revolve around things that you wish to achieve with it.
Therefore, if you live in a house with children or pets, you should think twice before you find warm mist, which means that cold or ultrasonic humidifier should be the best bet.
On the other hand, warm mist humidifiers are great because they will help you by removing the levels of bacteria and mold by heating the water. Finally, the ultrasonic ones feature the latest technology, but they are most expensive.
The choice is yours.